Streams of Prayer Bulletin for August 9
The Streams of Prayer Bulletin for August 9, 2020 is a circular from Wycliffe Global Alliance. This is available through Wycliffe Caribbean.
Training to relate well with churches: Democratic Republic of Congo
Staff at ACATBA desire to develop a strategy for connecting well with the churches in the Democratic Republic of Congo to increase involvement in Bible translation. With the support of other Alliance organisations they planned for someone from Wycliffe Togo to conduct a training workshop. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic this could not take place. Ask God to provide all that is needed to hold this workshop as soon as government health restrictions are lifted.
Relationship building with the Prime Minister: Tonga
Maxy Koloamatangi, Executive Director for Wycliffe Tonga Missions (WTM), along with the Board chair and vice chair, presented to the Prime Minister of Tonga the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in the Niuafo’ou language. Praise the Lord for this opportunity to meet with the Prime Minister on 23 March. He was encouraged and assured them of his government’s support. Therefore ,pray that this relationship between the government and WTM will be strengthened in mutual trust and encouragement.
Funding challenges: Latin America
PM Internacional (PMI) reports that churches in Latin America are struggling to maintain mission funding because:
- Many Latin American countries were experiencing economic crises and devaluation of their currency before the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Church members and churches are experiencing reduced incomes.
- Churches have no opportunity to collect physical offerings.
So as they navigate this season, PMI asks prayer for:
- Churches to experience God’s faithfulness, and also be steadfast in their commitment to support their personnel in other countries.
- Churches to have a renewed vision to send more personnel to people having had little or no exposure to the Gospel, trusting Him to provide.
- Wisdom to help churches in this challenging time.
- Wisdom and provision for personnel: for those stranded in closed countries; for travel visas and flights to return home; for patience and timing for those desiring to go to their countries of assignment.
- PMI to experience God’s supply, knowing that “those who fear Him lack nothing.”
Praise God for volunteers: Malaysia
God creatively provides for his work through people. Praise God for the many volunteers who help with their time and talents. One of the volunteers with Wycliffe Malaysia is an architect helping with office renovations. The renovation is currently on hold as the leaders work with the architect to settle some changes on the building plan. So pray for wisdom and discernment as they make decisions on these alterations.
Facing difficult decisions: Global
Edutech Mission helps leaders around the world accomplish their goals through leadership development, technology, and support. Edutech leaders are working on various fronts to secure sufficient funds to sustain the personnel and projects of their ministry. Since November 2019, their income has decreased continually. The Board of Directors is seriously considering the possibility of ceasing operations. Therefore, pray to the Lord, specifically for direction, provision, and wisdom as they make decisions about Edutech Mission.
If you are interested in also receiving the “Streams of Prayer Bulletin” sent to your inbox, please let us know. So send us an email at email@example.com and we will gladly add you to our list.