The Church News for 25 December 2022 is distributed by the Grace Missionary Church Office.
Have a blessed week ahead.
BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSARIES
Below is a list of our members and adherents who will be celebrating birthdays and anniversaries during the coming week. If you are also celebrating your special date during this period and your name is not listed, please visit our “Birthdays / Anniversaries” page to update your information.
Elaine & Fenton Dixon – Anniversary
Catherine & Dalma James – Anniversary
Robert McNaughton (o/s)
Straidwick Watson (o/s)
Maxine & Ewan Oliver – Anniversary
Maxine & Benedict Ranger – Anniversary
Kareen Simpson-Dawson (o/s)
Ruth & Ronald Clarke – Anniversary
Sonia & Orville (Rev) Neil – Anniversary
Prayer Meeting and Bible Studies
On Wednesdays, we meet for our weekly Prayer Meeting session at 7:00 PM on ZOOM. The evening Bible Study starts at 8:00 PM and is shared on ZOOM and YouTube. Our Midday Bible Study will resume in January 2023.
Grace Youth Ministry meets each Friday at 7:00 PM. Contact Sister Dionne Richards if you wish to join them. However, “Youth in Praise” and “Teens in Praise” have begun their end-of-year break. Their activities will resume in January 2023. The exact date will be announced.
Sunday School Activities
We give glory to God for the successful execution of the planned December activities of the Sunday School Department. Thanks to those persons from the fellowship who contributed in cash, kind, and time. Special thanks to “I’d Rather Fall in Chocolate” for the “Happy Birthday Jesus” cake; Chippies for chips, Totally Delicious Bakery, and Purple Spoon for cupcakes.
- At the Christmas party held under the theme “Emmanuel – God with us” on the GMC Grounds on Saturday, December 17, there were over 60 children and in Rae Town at the Paradise Street Basic School on Sunday, December 18, there were about 50 children in attendance. About 21 children from both events made commitments to Christ. We ask for your continued prayers as we arrange follow-up.
- We had our Incentive and Sunday School treat on Sunday, December 18. Sunday School will resume on Sunday, January 15, 2023. We look forward to greater participation in the coming year.
Our Worship Services continue in a face-to-face format from the Sanctuary each Sunday at 9:00 AM via ZOOM and live-stream on our YouTube Channel. Our speaker for our Christmas Day Service at 6:30 AM is Reverend Mark Dawes.
We welcome your feedback regarding our Bible Studies and Sunday Services. Your comments will help us to grow and serve you better. So call or email the office or any of the Elders or Deacons, or email us via our website using our contact page. In addition, you may complete an online survey on our Polls page. We greatly appreciate your feedback.
Membership and Baptism
We ask anyone desirous of Baptism or Membership, please indicate your interest to the Church Office or speak directly with Reverend Mark Dawes.
GMC Connect Card
The GMC Connect Card is available on our Membership Page and from members of our Team of Ushers. We invite you to complete and submit the card to help us to get to know you better. This will help us to provide the spiritual support you may need from time to time.
For the members of our Church Family who recently lost loved ones, we continue to support their families with our prayers and words of encouragement:
- Sister Darlene Jones lost an aunt. The Funeral arrangements will be shared when they become available.
- Sister Dawn Ashley lost her father. The Funeral Service for Mr. Allan Ashley is scheduled for January 7, 2023, at 12:00 noon at Reids Mocho Emmanuel Apostolic Church in Clarendon.
Also remember our brethren who are not well, or are recuperating, at this time. Let us keep surrounding them with our prayers and words of encouragement:
- Reverend Garnett Roper
- Sister Evadne McLean
- Yvonne Wright
- Brother Clifford Linton
- Justin Grey
- Dr. Carmen Moe, sister of Elder Donald Blake
Birth Certificate Assistance
Any GMC Church Family member who does not have a Birth Certificate is invited to contact Sister Dawn Ashley, our Social Support Officer, through the Church Office. The Membership Department will be reaching out to the Registrar General’s Department (RGD) to determine the best way of helping our congregants to acquire this most important document.
GMC Christmas Celebrations
- Christmas Day Worship Service is on Sunday, December 25, 2022, starting at 6:30 am.
- Watchnight Service is on Saturday, December 31, 2022, at 10:30 pm.
The Planning Committee for last Wednesday Night’s Sing-Along and Dinner sincerely thanks everyone who contributed to the successful hosting of this event after a two (2) year break. The support and fellowship experienced were tremendous. Thanks to our Church Family members and friends who attended and participated in the activities. To God Be The Glory!
A member of our fellowship is urgently seeking a self-contained room with access to cooking facilities for light meals. If you have such a space in your residence and are willing to make it available for rental, please contact the Church Office.
Please continue to pray for God’s healing touch for our members who are at this time recuperating. Also, please remember to pray for the “Sick and Shut-Ins“, as well as those classified as vulnerable. In addition, remember to stay in touch with each other during our time of isolation and separation.
Resumption of Church Activities
We continue to observe the following protocols for your safety and comfort when we meet:
- Hand Washing and Sanitization.
- Mask Wearing in enclosed spaces (highly recommended, but not mandated).
- Maintaining Physical distance (highly recommended, but not mandated).
- Remaining at home if you are feeling unwell.
Also, please remember to pay very close attention to the periodic updates and advisories issued by the Health Authorities.
Please remember to call and pray with one another. Also, keep safe, practice social distancing, wash hands, and clean surfaces regularly.
In addition, remember to wear your masks, sanitize, and maintain 6 feet physical distance. Also, let us keep in touch and encourage each other, especially during these very challenging times.